Vegan mashed potatoes are a delicious treat anytime! If you’re planning to serve mashed potatoes at your vegan Thanksgiving dinner, pair with the Jazzy Vegetarian‘s Savory Seitan Loaf and top with my quick and easy vegan gravy recipe or fresh parsley.
If you’re specifically looking for vegan Thanksgiving recipes, check out the special vegan Thanksgiving section with pumpkin pie, stuffing, all of your favorites.
But I don’t wait for Thanksgiving to make mashed potatoes! I make them all the time. They reheat well and make a lovely side dish as leftovers. They add comfort to anything else I may be making. If you love potatoes as much as I do, you may also enjoy this South Indian recipe for masala dosa filling.
One of my favorite leftover meals was mashed potatoes with roasted brussels sprouts and tempeh bacon. Yum!
Did you enjoy this recipe for mashed potatoes? For more easy vegan recipes, visit the entire Yummy Plants vegan recipe collection. There are gluten-free vegan recipes too!
Are you a beginner vegan? Visit the Start Here section or pick up a copy of It’s Easy to Start Eating Vegan. To learn about packaged vegan foods you can find online or in most stores, visit the Food Reviews section.
- 5 medium potatoes about 1 ¾ lbs.
- ¾ tablespoon salt
- ½ cup non-dairy unsweetened milk
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance Spread Original
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Peel the potatoes and chop into small cubes. (Smaller pieces cook faster).
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Add salt. Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set aside.
- On the stovetop or in the microwave, heat the non-dairy milk and Earth Balance Spread until the vegan butter is melted. Do not boil.
- Use a fork or a potato masher to press the potatoes until smooth. Combine the vegan milk and butter mixture with the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience