I love gravy and it’s easy to prepare. I have limited kitchen space, so most of the time I use bouillon cubes rather than preparing fresh vegetable stock. If you also tend to keep bouillon cubes on hand, just mix with water and you have instant veggie stock. If you can’t find vegan bouillon cubes at a store near you, I use these.
Chef’s note: Add 1/2 cup of cooked mushrooms or peppers to finish as a variation.
Are you a beginner vegan? Visit the Start Here section or pick up a copy of It’s Easy to Start Eating Vegan. To learn about packaged vegan foods you can find online or in most stores, visit the Food Reviews section.
- 3 scant tablespoons Earth Balance Spread Original
- 3 scant tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups boullion broth or homemade vegetable stock. Depending on the need, use faux chicken, faux beef, or vegetable flavored boullion.
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste. Bullion tends to be salty so be careful when adding salt to a bullion-based gravy.
- ½ teaspoon of dried marjoram leaves
- Melt Earth Balance in saucepan. Stir in flour a little at a time to avoid lumps. Stir in boullion broth, gradually. The mixture should be smooth.
- Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, simmer for about a minute. Serve hot.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience