This quick and easy vegan creamed cauliflower recipe from the The China Study Cookbook is delicious. I make the sauce at least once a week and slather it on all types of veggies :) Recipe republished with permission by BenBella Books.
Sometimes I also add 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke to the creamed cauliflower sauce to create a subtle smoky, cheesy undertone and top with fresh English peas. The sauce is so creamy, your guests will never guess it’s vegan. I really do love this recipe :) Thanks China Study Cookbook!
- If you find that the sauce is too thick, add a small amount of water, one teaspoon at a time. A little water goes a long way.
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender like a Blend-tec or a Vita-mix, soak the cashews for 4 hours and then discard the soak water. Soaked cashews will blend easily even in a regular blender.
Did you enjoy this recipe for vegan creamed cauliflower? For more easy vegan recipes, visit the entire Yummy Plants vegan recipe collection. There are gluten-free vegan recipes too! Are you a beginner vegan? Visit the Start Here section or pick up a copy of It’s Easy to Start Eating Vegan. To learn about packaged vegan foods you can find online or in most stores, visit the Food Reviews section.
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cauliflower in a medium saucepan and pour in an inch of water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until soft. Drain and transfer to a 9 × 9-inch baking dish.
- Place vegetable broth, cashews, nutritional yeast, and white miso in a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Mix sauce with cauliflower. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 7–10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience