You’ll love this easy raw, vegan, gluten-free watermelon salad recipe! It’s the perfect refreshing treat for summer. Enjoy the combination of sweet juicy watermelon, crunchy nuts, crispy lettuce and zesty onions. Thanks to Rich from All-Veg.com for sharing this delicious vegan recipe with us!
- 3 cups of seedless watermelon cut into chunks
- 4 cups of tango salad greens romaine or arugula
- 1 cup of roasted pecans coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 medium shallot minced
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add washed greens, chunked watermelon and chopped onion to a large salad bowl. Toss gently to mix. Prepare the dressing.
- In a small bowl wisk together the balsamic vinegar, minced shallot and agave nectar. Wisk thoroughly in order to mix the vinegar and agave well.
- Just before serving, spread the pecans on the salad and add a small amount of the dressing (about half) of the dressing and gently toss again to coat completely. Add a touch of course sea salt and ground black pepper. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience