This peanut chutney recipes goes beautifully with our pesarattu dosa recipe (gluten-free lentil crepe). It takes less than 10 minutes to make, is packed with protein and super yummy!
- 1 cup peanuts blanched, for best taste
- 2-3 green chilies cut in half
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp + 1tsp water
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 th cup chopped cilantro optional
- In a saute pan, add the tsp of oil, peanuts, green chilies and garlic. Stir often to ensure the peanuts are evenly toasted. About 5-7 minutes. Make sure the peanuts are light brown.
- Once peanuts are light brown, add the tamarind pulp. Saute until the water evaporates from the tamarind paste. About 2-3 minutes. (Don’t be afraid to add water to the tamarind if you think it is getting too brown in the pan)
- If your food processor, Vita-Mix, blender doesn’t work well with hot foods, transfer peanut/ tamarind mixture to a plate to cool before blending.
- Add all ingredients to your blender with 1 tsp of salt and a cup of water. Blend/ process until it becomes a smooth paste. The mixture should be like a thick soup, (not solid like peanut butter). If needed, add a small amount of water to thin. Transfer to a large bowl. Optional: tempering ingredients will be added before serving.
- Serve in individual bowls as a dipping sauce for dosas, fritters, vada, or idly. Garnish with cilantro.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience