This fabulous vegan recipe was shared by French vegan Top Chef, Pascale Stretti! It’s an easy vegan recipe for risotto without the chicken broth.
Chef’s note: You may not end up using all of the broth, just make sure to keep adding liquid throughout the cooking process as each ladle-full evaporates. Don’t cook the rice for more than 18 minutes.
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- Bouillon cubes to make 1 liter 4.25 cups of broth
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
- Salt and pepper
- Chop all the vegetables into small, regular cubes. Prepare 1 liter of vegetable broth with the bouillon cubes. Heat the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- In the saucepan, begin to brown the onion. After it becomes brown, (about 6-7 minutes), add the rice. Mix well, then add the other vegetables.
- Stir constantly for about 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and the chili pepper. When the rice grains become shiny and translucent, add the first ladle of vegetable broth. Then set the timer for 18 minutes, the amount of time needed to cook the rice.
- Throughout the 18 minutes, add more liquid, one ladle-full at a time. Add more liquid each time the last has been absorbed. After 18 minutes, the risotto will be ready to eat.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience