Maple Raisin Date Truffles
Laura says, “These tasty truffles are pretty too, making an excellent healthy dessert or snack to satisfy your sweet tooth. Bonus: Impressive to serve for a dinner party too!”
Recipe © Laura Theodore, published by Jazzy Vegetarian, LLC, reprinted by permission.
- 9 large Medjool dates pitted
- 1 ⁄3 cup raisins
- ¼ cup raw unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line a small baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Put the dates, raisins, coconut and maple syrup in a high-performance blending appliance and process to the consistency of soft dough. Transfer the date mixture to a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a cookie scoop, spoon out a heaping tablespoon of the date mixture, and roll it into a ball. Continue in this manner to form 10 to 12 truffle balls.
- Put the cocoa powder in a small bowl. Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder until coated and place on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate 1 hour. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, truffles will keep up to 3 days.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience