Artichoke & White Bean Alfredo
Make your own vegan Alfredo!
Piquant artichokes punctuate the creamy white bean sauce in this luscious interpretation of the classic Alfredo dish. To get the vegan Alfredo sauce perfectly smooth, a high-speed blender. If you use a food processor, the sauce may retain bits of artichoke, which is okay, too. This recipe is from Quick-Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson © 2011. Used with permission.
Thanks so much to Robin Robertson for sharing this quick and easy vegan recipe with the Yummy Plants community! Note: use rice or quinoa pasta to make this a wheat-free dish.
Robin Robertson has worked with food for more than twenty-five years as a restaurant chef, cooking teacher, and food writer. A longtime vegan, Robin is the author of numerous cookbooks, including the best-selling Vegan Planet, 1,000 Vegan Recipes, Vegan Fire and Spice, and Vegan on the Cheap. Her latest book is Quick-Fix Vegan.
Robin writes the Global Vegan column for VegNews Magazine and has also written for Vegetarian Times and Cooking Light, among others. Visit her Global Vegan Kitchen website. You can keep up to date with Robin on her blog. She can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.
Artichoke and White Bean Alfredo
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 1 cup cooked or canned white beans drained and rinsed, if canned
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup hot pasta water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened nondairy milk or creamer optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or basil
- Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking combine the garlic and salt in a high-speed blender or food processor and mince well. Add the artichokes, white beans, nutritional yeast, olive oil, and hot pasta water and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the nondairy milk, if using, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Drain the pasta well and return it to the pot. Add the sauce and toss to combine. Serve hot, garnished with the parsley.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience