Hummus is a delicious plant-based protein source. It’s fast, easy, and can stay in the fridge for a week. This recipe has 36 grams of protein from the garbanzo beans (18g per can).
Reprinted with permission from It’s Easy to Start Eating Vegan by Rebecca Gilbert.
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans one drained, one with liquid
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Smoked paprika and parsley for garnish
- Optional: 1 clove of garlic
- Place all of the ingredients except the paprika and parsley into the blender. Blend for several minutes until creamy. You may need to stop the blender and scrape the sides to ensure even processing.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Top with smoked paprika and chopped parsley.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience