Homemade hummus is so easy! Why buy it when you can make your own in less than 10 minutes? This hummus recipe is quick and easy. Plus it’s packed with protein. This homemade hummus recipe has 36 grams of protein (18g per can of garbanzo beans).
This homemade hummus recipe is reprinted with permission from It’s Easy to Start Eating Vegan by Rebecca Gilbert.
If you run out of time to cook and guests are coming soon, visit the Food Reviews section to find a yummy store-bought packaged vegan meal that is tasty and quick to prepare. I only list vegan foods that taste good, so all of the products are Yummy Plants Approved!
Are you a new vegan, trying to figure out what can vegans eat? Visit Start Here: Vegan for Beginners and the Vegan FAQ. You’ll learn about easy egg and dairy substitutions, vegan protein sources, and how to stock your pantry.
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans one drained, one with liquid
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Smoked paprika and parsley for garnish
- Optional: 1 clove of garlic
- Place all of the ingredients except the paprika and parsley into the blender. Blend for several minutes until creamy. You may need to stop the blender and scrape the sides to ensure even processing.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Top with smoked paprika and chopped parsley.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience