Thank you to Dr. Joel Fuhrman of DiseaseProof.com for sharing this super yummy raw vegan recipe with us. What a healthy and delicious treat! This is a great easy recipe to start with to help transition to a vegan diet. Dr. Fuhrman has lots of vegan health tips and information to help us eat a nutrient-dense, (nutritarian), vegan diet.
- 1 large cucumber peeled and sliced into large pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and sliced into large pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes or 1 (15 ounce) can, no salt added or low sodium
- 1 cup roasted red peppers in vinegar, low sodium (drained)
- 2 cups tomato juice no salt added or low sodium
- 1 1/2 cups mild or medium salsa no salt added or low sodium
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dr. Fuhrman’s VegiZest or other no-salt seasoning
- Additional cucumber slices
- Place cucumbers and fresh red bell peppers in a food processor. Pulse until chopped in small pieces. Add tomatoes and roasted red peppers. Pulse again until finely chopped.
- Add tomato juice and remaining ingredients except cucumber slices and pulse until well mixed.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours for flavors to mingle.
Note: before serving, garnish with cucumber slices, if desired. Serve chilled.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience