Thanks so much to Chef Brian Patton from Vegin’ Out for sharing this quick and easy vegan side dish recipe with the Yummy Plants community! It’s a great dish to make the night before and keep on hand for snacks and company.
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/3 lb. bulgur wheat
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil.
- Place the bulgur in a mixing bowl, and pour the vegetable stock over it. Stir to combine, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes.
- At this point the water should be absorbed into the bulgur. Let it cool, then toss it with the carrot, onion, peppers, parsley, olive oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience