Easy Vegan Yogurt
Have you ever made homemade easy vegan yogurt?
Dr. Michelle Schoffro Cook, author of The Cultured Cook, shares her simple vegan recipe for easy vegan yogurt! Michelle has crafted a recipe that eliminates the straining curds from whey process. It’s quick, easy and delicious.
Making homemade easy vegan yogurt is actually a simple process. Michelle says, “While it still takes several hours for the probiotics to proliferate, giving yogurt its signature tangy taste, in a mere few minutes of actual prep time you can make your own yogurt.”
This easy vegan yogurt recipe is excerpted from the book The Cultured Cook: Delicious Fermented Foods with Probiotics to Knock Out Inflammation, Boost Gut Health, Lose Weight & Extend Your Life. Copyright © 2017 by Michelle Schoffro Cook. Printed with permission from New World Library.
If you run out of time to cook and guests are coming soon, visit the Food Reviews section to find a yummy store-bought vegan dessert or a packaged vegan meal that is tasty and quick to prepare. I only list vegan foods that taste good, so all of the products are Yummy Plants Approved!
Are you a new vegan, trying to figure out what can vegans eat? Visit Start Here: Vegan for Beginners and the Vegan FAQ. You’ll learn about easy egg and dairy substitutions, vegan protein sources, and how to stock your pantry. For more detailed information, pick up a copy of It’s Easy to Start Eating Vegan.
World’s Easiest Yogurt
- 3 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 probiotic capsule or ¼ teaspoon probiotic powder
- Pomegranate arils seeds or pitted frozen or fresh cherries for garnish (optional)
- In a medium glass or ceramic bowl with a lid, combine the cashews with the water, and pour in the contents of the probiotic capsule (discarding the empty capsule shell) or the probiotic powder. Stir the ingredients together until combined.
- Attach the lid, and let sit for eight to twenty-four hours, depending on how tangy you like your yogurt.
- Puree the ingredients in a blender until smooth, then return the yogurt to the bowl. Garnish with pomegranate arils or cherries if desired, and enjoy immediately, or refrigerate for up to four days.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience