Dairy Free Chocolate Dessert – Pots de Creme
Alan Roettinger shared this super yummy dairy free chocolate dessert recipe from his book, Speed Vegan, published by Book Publishing Company. This dairy free chocolate dessert has the classic texture of a pot de creme recipe without the cream or egg yolks!
This is a great recipe for everyone. Whether you’re vegan, lactose-intolerant, or chocolate-lover, you’ll be thrilled to enjoy the dairy free chocolate creaminess!
Dairy-Free Chocolate Pots de Creme
- 1 can 14 oz. coconut milk
- 5 oz. bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves coarsely torn
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract preferably Tahitian
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns or Javanese comet’s tail peppercorns
- Put the coconut milk in a small pot over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Put the chocolate in a blender and pour the hot coconut milk over it. Add the basil, agave nectar, orange zest, vanilla extract, and peppercorns. Process on high until the chocolate is thoroughly melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Divide among 4 small cups. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience