Christy says, “This vegan collard stir-fry recipe is my healthier, more vibrant version with a touch of orange.” Tip: A chiffonade is a fine slice or shred of leafy vegetables or herbs. To chiffonade, simply stack a few leaves, roll them into a cigar shape, and slice. Remember to remove any tough, woody stems that you want to exclude from your preparation.
This recipe has been used by permission from BenBella Books.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups matchstick-cut sweet potatoes
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 2 tablespoons raisins optional
- 1 bunch collards stems removed, leaves in chiffonade (see Tip), 4 stems thinly sliced on diagonal
- Heat water in a medium skillet. When water boils, add sweet potato and salt, cover with lid, and simmer for three to five minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together juice, peanut butter, tamari, and curry powder.
- Add carrots, raisins, if using, and collards with sauce mix in skillet.
- Let simmer for 3–5 minutes until all the veggies are tender but not mushy.
- Stir occasionally to coat the greens with the sauce.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience