Have you ever visited the Stanford Inn Eco-Resort, home of the famous Ravens Restaurant? It’s a fantastic vegan getaway in Mendocino, CA! This easy vegan recipe is reprinted with permission from the Stanford Inn’s cookbook Dining at the Ravens by BenBella Books.
Joan and Jeff Stanford suggest serving as a dip or spread with crudité or crostini. Chef’s note: you’ll need a high speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec to get the right consistency.
For more information about the Stanford Inn, check out the feature in our vegan travel section.
- 1 1/2 cups cashew pieces
- 1 cup peeled and roughly chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons red or white mellow miso
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1 –2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a high-speed blender and blend, starting with 1 tablespoon of water. Add an additional tablespoon of water if the mixture is too thick to easily spread.
- With a rubber spatula, carefully scrape sides of the blender and continue to blend until a smooth paste is formed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience