Carrot Top Soup
I hate wasting food so I came up with a recipe for carrot top soup!
I frequently buy my carrots at the local farmers market and they come with the lovely green carrot tops still attached. For months I would remove the greens and toss them away. I decided there must be something I could do with these nutritious greens and carrot top soup has become one of my favorite recipes :) It’s quick, it’s easy, and most importantly, it’s delicious!
Visit the Yummy Plants vegan recipe collection for more easy vegan recipes.
Carrot Top Soup
- 2 cups chopped carrot tops
- 2 chopped carrots
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 1 medium potato
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 6 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked red rice
- Cook rice in a separate pot according to package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, prepare the soup. Dice carrots and celery. Heat 2 Tbps of olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the diced carrots and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the celery and carrots are cooking, finely chop the rinsed carrot tops until you have at least 2 cups worth of greens. Dice the potato.
- Add 6 cups of boiling water and 2 vegan bouillon cubes to the pot. Stir until the bouillon cubes are dissolved. Add the chopped carrot top greens and potato.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until the greens are completely cooked. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls. Add cooked red rice for extra texture.
Hope you enjoy this easy vegan recipe!
Share your experience