Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Our vegan-friendly restaurant section lists restaurants where you can get a vegan entree. We only list restaurants that we have visited or our community members have submitted, where we can promise that can eat more than just a salad. Please keep checking back: the Yummy Plants team and our community members are adding new vegan-friendly restaurants all the time. If you don’t see your favorite vegan-friendly restaurant listed, please use this link to share your favorites with the community! http://yummyplants.com/submit-a-restaurant/
Note: All of the restaurants that we list are vegan-friendly. Some are 100% vegan restaurants and are listed as 100% vegan in the description. Most of the restaurants in our list serve vegan and non-vegan food options.
VeganBurg, which has two original restaurants in Singapore, is coming to San Francisco during in the summer of 2015. VeganBurg seeks to redefine food pop culture and comfort food with its 100% plant-based menu. They offer sustainable, gmo-free, farm-fresh and plant-based fast food. Not only do the burgers taste great, they have great nutritional value. [...]
- Web: http://www.veganburg.com/
- Location: 1466 Haight Street, San Francisco, California
Shizen is a relatively new ALL VEGAN restaurant in San Francisco. It opened in January of 2015 and is amazing! Shinzen is a fully vegan sushi bar and izakaya. Shizen combines classic shojin and sushi techniques with local, seasonal ingredients to create healthy and flavorful dishes with a light footprint. Some of the most notable dishes [...]
- Web: https://www.facebook.com/ShizenSF
- Location: 370 14th Street, San Francisco, California
- (415) 678-5767
Hodo Soy has some excellent, high quality vegan products, including basic tofu, soy milk and yuba (tofu skins) and flavored versions of all of those. The Hodo Soy stand in the Ferry Building also has chocolate pudding (flavored with chocolate from a nearby chocolate maker) and some cold curry wraps and sandwiches. I got the [...]
- Web: http://hodosoy.com/
- Location: 1 Ferry Building, San Francisco, California
- (510) 464-2977
This is a quaint, small restaurant i San Francisco. The service was consistently friendly and the menu is large with a number of mock meat and vegan Chinese dishes. They even have unusual mock meats like mock goose. I loved my diced chicken curry, which was light, fresh and filling. I think their food was [...]
- Web: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Lucky-Creation-Vegetarian-Restaurant/115808421765409
- Location: 854 Washington Street, San Francisco, California
Pepples Donuts is located near the East entrance of the Ferry Building It offers solid vegan, organic donuts with a bunch of unusual flavors (kaffir lime, salted caramel, maple candy, chili pepper, etc.).
- Web: http://www.pepplesdonuts.com/
- Location: 1 Ferry Building, San Francisco, California
The service was super-friendly and attentive. I really enjoyed the free, subtle, tasty herbal tea which they give you. The menu features unusual dishes like vegetarian kidney!
- Web: http://shangrilavgrest.com/
- Location: 2026 Irving Street, San Francisco, California
- 415- 731-2548
This Loving Hut is in Westfield San Fracisco Centre, a shopping mall food court and, as such, has a different model than other Loving Huts. At this one, the food is already prepared and sitting out in a buffet line. You pick two dishes and get a combo deal for about $8. Most of the dishes are [...]
- Web: http://lovinghut.us/sf_westfield/
- Location: 845 Market Street, Ste 12, San Francisco, California
So many things to love about Americano Restaurant! First, it’s right on the Bay (across from Ferry Building). Second, it has a hip happy hour outside with a fabulous view of the Bay. Third, they have farm fresh vegan options on the menu. And last, but definitely first in my book, the staff was super [...]
- Web: http://www.americanorestaurant.com/
- Location: 8 Mission Street , San Francisco, California
The Plant Cafe Organic has 3 locations in San Francisco: in the Marina (@Steiner & Chestnut), Downtown (@Front & Pine) and the Embarcadero (Pier 3). They have an amazing brunch with vegan options including tofu scramble and vegan sausage, their famous Plant Burger and homemade granola. All of the locations include some great vegan lunch/ dinner options and for weekend brunch!
- Web: http://theplantcafe.com
- Location: 3352 Steiner Street, San Francisco, CA
Salada Beach Cafe is past the Pacifica exit on 280S/ Hwy 1 on Paloma Avenue. If you’re looking for a vegan-friendly breakfast or lunch stop on hwy 1 as you’re driving down the coast, Salada Beach Cafe is a cute local cafe. Bookshelves line the walls and you’re welcome to sip a soy latte [...]
- Web: http://www.saladabeachcafe.net
- Location: 220 Paloma Avenue, Pacifica, CA
Lotus Chaat and Spices is the North Bay’s only destination for the delicious snack foods of India: dishes that will not only nourish you but also tingle your tongue and provoke your palate with a kaleidoscope of flavors, textures and spices. At Lotus Chaat, most of our dishes are vegan and gluten-free (all of our [...]
- Web: http://www.lotuschaat.com/
- Location: 1559 4th St, San Rafael, California
- 415 454 6887
True south Indian cuisine in the Bay! Udupi Palace has large portions, affordable prices and most importantly, it has super yummy vegan food! The restaurant is 100% vegetarian and has many vegan options. The staff is fantastic: if you tell them you want a vegan version, they’ll guide you as to what can and what [...]
- Web: http://www.udupipalaceca.com
- Location: 1007 Valencia Street (between 21st Street and Hill Street), San Francisco, CA
Ananda Fuara is a 100% vegetarian restaurant that has lots of yummy vegan options. They have vegan BBQ tofu burgers, veggie burgers, “chicken” salad, roasted vegetable ravioli, curries and many other fresh salads and vegan options. They have such a variety of vegan options, you’ll find exactly what you’re craving!
- Web: http://www.anandafuara.com
- Location: Market Street and Larkin Street, at 9th, San Francisco, California
All of Millennium’s dishes are vegan! And they have some pretty amazing choices, including raw options. A recent sample menu included dishes like “Black Bean Torte”: whole wheat tortilla, caramelized plantains, smoky black bean puree, pumpkin-habanero papazul, cashew “sour cream” and “Brick Pastry Beggar’s Purse”: truffled walnut-mushroom duxelle, sage scented seitan, wilted kale, caramelized onion [...]
- Web: http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com/
- Location: 580 Geary Street, San Francisco, California
Herbivore is an entirely vegan restaurant – yay! Their plant-based menu is fabulous with delicious dishes such as coconut noodle soup, BBQ seitan sandwiches and veggie ceviche. They now have three locations as well. In San Francisco, you’ll find them at 983 Valenica and 531 Divisadero. Their Berkeley location is 2451 Shattuck.
- Web: http://herbivorerestaurant.com
- Location: 983 Valencia, San Francisco, California
The entire restaurant is 100% vegetarian and has many vegan options – even vegan cake and ice cream! They also have some gluten free options with their rice dishes. San Francisco Weekly voted it one of the best vegan restaurants in the city. Whether you’re following a vegan diet or not, Golden Era has lots of options for you to try.
- Web: http://www.goldenerasf.com
- Location: 572 O'Farrell Street, San Francisco, California