Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Our vegan-friendly restaurant section lists restaurants where you can get a vegan entree. We only list restaurants that we have visited or our community members have submitted, where we can promise that can eat more than just a salad. Please keep checking back: the Yummy Plants team and our community members are adding new vegan-friendly restaurants all the time. If you don’t see your favorite vegan-friendly restaurant listed, please use this link to share your favorites with the community! http://yummyplants.com/submit-a-restaurant/
Note: All of the restaurants that we list are vegan-friendly. Some are 100% vegan restaurants and are listed as 100% vegan in the description. Most of the restaurants in our list serve vegan and non-vegan food options.
A parody of the bar scene, the extraVEGANza Pgh serves growlers of raw organic juices and smoothies and wholesome plant-based mimicry of bar and comfort foods_ grilled carrot hotdogs on our own anti-wheat seed-grain buns, raw pizzas on dehydrated whole grain-seed crust with 3 flavor options (Mediterranean. Latin & Asian), Euro open-face roasted veggie sandwich, raw zucchini lasagna, chilled or warm raw soup, raw cinnamon buns, raw cacao walnut brownies and more.
- Web: http://www.98PoundChef-Pgh.com
- Location: 1317 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Randita’s is an all organic vegan cafe and mobile food trailer serving healthy, delicious plant-based food. It is located in Aspinwall, which is close to downtown Pittsburgh.
- Web: http://www.randitas.com
- Location: 207 Commercial Ave, Aspinwall, Pennsylvania
- (412) 408-3907
The only completely 100% vegan restaurant in the Pittsburgh area. Clean, great menu, helpful staff, generous portions, delicious, and very affordable!! The Saturday buffet is great! If you’re vegan in Pittsburgh you have to try this place!
- Web: http://lovinghut.us/pittsburgh_01/
- Location: 5474 Campbells Run Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15205, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- (412) 787-2727
Middle Eastern food on Carson Street. If you’re on the south side, Kassab’s has lots of tasty vegan food options like falafel and hummus.
- Web: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kassabs-Restaurant/313871401963811
- Location: 1207 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
bd’s Mongolian Grill is a chain restaurant with many vegan options. You place veggies, noodles, tofu, etc. in a bowl, top with sauce, and they’ll heat it up for you. Tell the wait staff you’re vegan and they’ll heat yours up separately in the back :) Love this place!
- Web: http://www.gomongo.com/
- Location: 428 27th Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Vegan options on the south side of Pittsburgh. Yummy veg sushi rolls and a bunch of vegan entrees. Make sure to ask for it without the fish sauce or bonito flakes.
- Web: http://eatatnakama.com/
- Location: 1611 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Dobra Tea is a Bohemian-style tearoom specializing in hot tea, cold tea, loose leaf tea, retail pottery, and light vegetarian fare and snacks. It is a meditative environment to enjoy a relaxing cup of tea. Vegan options are clearly marked with “V” on the menu. There are also gluten-free, organic and local items. When I visited, Dobra was [...]
- Web: http://dobrateapgh.com/
- Location: 1937 Murray Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Great Pittsburgh cafe on the south side with lots of vegan options! They have vegan sandwiches and (sometimes) soups all served in a fun cafe.
- Web: http://www.otbbicyclecafe.com/
- Location: 2518 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Learn more about how to start eating vegan! Burgatory’s veggie burger, the Phat Patti’s Veggie Burger, is vegan! You can order it straight from the menu without cheese or build your own with your own choice of rubs, sauces and toppings on their cool custom creations order tablet. The wheat bun and herbed focaccia are [...]
- Web: http://www.burgatorybar.com/
- Location: 932 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This was a great find–although it is oily, most of the non-meat/cheese items are vegan. Exception is the pinto beans (bacon) and chipotle-honey vinaigrette. Their site lists a vegan tofu meat substitute (“sofritas”) but it’s a test thing in California and it sounds fried and over-salted. We’ll see. What I appreciated from Chipotle is that [...]
- Web: http://www.chipotle.com
- Location: 4861 McKnight Rd, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Zest Wishes is a juice, health food & specialty grocery stand at Pittsburgh Public Market, a year-round weekend market in the strip. Chef/ owner creates weekly-changing mostly vegan menu items from scratch, using local, organic, farm-fresh ingredients when possible. Offerings include best-seller vegan nut burger, vegan shakes, freshly-pressed organic raw vegetable juice blends, homemade unsweetened, [...]
- Web: http://zestwishes.co
- Location: 1700 Smallman Street (Pittsburgh Public Market), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Franktuary has an original location downtown, but it’s new location in Lawrenceville is amazing with tons of vegan options. If you get a tofu dog try the Chicago Impostor, it’s amazing! They also have a vegan sausage that rotates, I love the chipotle sausage topped with mango salsa and guacamole. Their vegan meatballs are also [...]
- Web: http://www.franktuary.com
- Location: 3810 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Hough’s is a local family owned restaurant/ bar in Greenfield. It’s bright, very clean, and it has tons of vegan food options! I went there to watch the Steeler’s game and was pleasantly surprised that they serve hummus, veggie burgers, and chips with guacamole in addition to traditional bar fare. They also had about 50 [...]
- Web: http://houghspgh.com/
- Location: 563 Greenfield Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Specialty organic raw juices and smoothies made just for you. Choose from a variety of organic options to receive the best nutrients and taste to satisfy your body and taste buds. (Editor’s note: Pittsburghers can find organic juice here now – vegan food will be coming in a few months. Call to double check if you’re planning to eat some yummy plant-based food to go along with your juice).
- Web: http://www.EmbodyNaturalHealth.com
- Location: 5400 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Eden is a vegan’s dream come true! Located right in the heart of Shadyside on Copeland street, Eden has vegan options on their menu and raw vegan dinner options! They also use as much locally sourced, organic produce as possible, so their menu changes all the time. For all seasons though, they always have super yummy [...]
- Web: http://www.edenpitt.com/
- Location: 735 Copeland Street, Pittsburgh, PA
I found this place in Oakland, near UPMC. Half of their menu is vegetarian, and can be adapted for vegans. Salads, sandwiches, and daily specials! They even use seitan and protein crumbles in some of their dishes. Very yummy food!
- Web: http://www.redoakusa.com
- Location: 3610 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- (412) 621-2221
Another fine dining option in the downtown area with at least a couple of vegan options. They can do a good vegan Pad Thai and there is a seasoned edamame appetizer as well. While the selection is pretty limited for vegans, it does at least offer something. If you’re in town for a business meeting, [...]
- Web: http://habitatrestaurant.com/#home
- Location: 510 Market Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Tram’s Kitchen serves up a delicious vegan Pho – good for whatever ails you! They also have a couple of tofu dishes that are unique and definitely worth a try. They have delicious spring rolls as well. It is a no-frills place, but what Tram’s lacks in ambiance, they more than make up for in [...]