Vegan Recipe - Mashed Potatoes
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Servings : 4
Mashed potatoes are a delicious treat anytime! If you’re planning to serve these dairy-free mashed potatoes at your vegan Thanksgiving dinner, pair them with our quick and easy vegan gravy recipe.
5 medium potatoes (about 1 ¾ lbs.)
¾ tablespoon salt
½ cup non-dairy unsweetened milk
3 tablespoons Earth Balance Spread (Original)
¼ teaspoon white pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and chop into small cubes. (Smaller pieces cook faster).
2. Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Add salt. Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
3. Drain potatoes and set aside.
4. On the stovetop or in the microwave, heat the non-dairy milk and Earth Balance Spread until the vegan butter is melted. Do not boil.
5. Use a fork or a potato masher to press the potatoes until smooth. Combine the vegan milk and butter mixture with the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.