Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Vegan Recipe - Tofu Lentil Terrine
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 4 hours + refrigerate overnight
- Servings : 6 - 8
A huge thank you for this vegan Thanksgiving recipe to Chef Charlie Ayers former Executive Chef of Google and Owner of Calafia Cafe in Palo Alto. We LOVE your food Chef Charlie! Thank you for bringing healthy and delicious food to everyone :)
1 pound organic firm tofu, cubed
1 cup diced organic carrots, 1/8 inch dice
1 cup diced organic celery root, 1/8 inch dice
1 cup diced organic yellow onion, 1/8 inch dice
1/2 cup chiffonade fresh basil
1/4 cup Organic Tamari
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
2/3 cup Toasted Sliced Almonds
2/3 cup cooked whole organic brown lentils
1/3 cup cooked pureed organic brown lentils
1/3 cup cooked organic pearl barley or 1/2 cup rolled organic oats raw
6 whole cloves of garlic confit, sliced
4 Tablespoons Brags Amino Acid liquid
1. Saute onions, celery root and carrots together, until they begin to sweat, set aside.
3. Remove tofu lentil puree from mixing bowl, mix together with diced vegetables, basil, garlic confit, whole lentils and barley. Taste for fresh cracked pepper.
4. In a separate mixing vessel place sliced toasted almonds, nutritional yeast and tamari, mix well. In a terrine mold or loaf pan, line the bottom of the mold with the tamari / yeast coated almonds, press down to form a crust base, with a spatula or kitchen spoon, begin to transfer the tofu mixture over the top of the almonds, be sure to spread out evenly across the mold, be careful to fill in all of the cracks of the mold to ensure a beautiful terrine. Pour the 4 tablespoons of Brags over the tofu lentil terrine.
5. Place terrine mold in a roasting pan; fill 2/3 of the way with hot water from a tea kettle, place roasting pan with terrine mold covered in a 300 degree oven. Bake for 3 hours. Remove from oven once cooked; allow to cool over night in the refrigerator.