Vegan Recipe - Tofu Buffalo Wings
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Servings : 4
- The wing sauce served at Christopher’s is super hot. For a milder sauce when preparing it yourself, select your favorite “heat” wing sauce.
- Test the oil to see if it’s hot enough by holding on to the edge of the tofu and letting only a tip of the tofu touch the oil. The oil is ready when it bubbles as the tofu makes contact with it.
- A rice flour coating tends to make whatever you fry extra crispy. It’s a good choice for this recipe.
Shared by Chef Sarah Elise from her book Beginner’s Vegan Guide: Restaurants, Recipes and Resources. Recipe created by Christopher’s, Boston, MA.
1 block Extra Firm Tofu cut into 1” x 4” thick slices
5 Tablespoons of your favorite vegan milk
1/2 cup flour (of your choice)
2 cups vegetable oil (corn oil works well)
Favorite hot Buffalo Sauce
8 celery sticks
1. Dredge the pieces of tofu through the flour, then dip in the milk and coat again in the flour.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick frying pan or wok.
3. Place the battered tofu into the hot oil. Fry until brown and crispy.
4. Remove tofu and place into a stainless steel bowl. Then pour the desired amount of hot sauce over the tofu and mix until it is all evenly coated.
5. Serve with celery sticks and enjoy!