Vegan Recipe - Key Lime Raw Cheesecake
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 12 hours to set
- Servings : 12
Are you craving cheesecake? Check out this recipe for raw lime cheesecake: it’s vegan and gluten-free too! So yummy! I made the crust to be raw and gluten-free based on nuts and dates. The filling is an adaptation based on a recipe inspired by Cafe Gratitude.
1 1/3 cups pecans
1 1/3 cups cup walnuts
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 cup diced crystallized ginger
1/3 cup packed dates
maple syrup or agave to make mixture sticky
3 cups soaked cashews (soaked for 3 hours in water) don’t soak any longer
1 1/2 cups almond milk
I cup fresh lime juice
2 teaspoon packed lime zest
3/4 cup agave or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
A pinch or two of salt
3 tablespoons lecithin
3/4 cup coconut oil or coconut butter
1. Add pecans, walnuts, vanilla and salt In the bowl of a food processor fitted with an “S” blade. Process until finely crumbled. Note: you want fine crumbles, not nut butter. Process just a bit - too much processing will create nut butter.
2. Continue processing while adding crystallized ginger, dates and maple syrup in small amounts. Keep adding until the crust starts sticking together.
3. Press completed crust onto bottom of greased, with coconut oil or coconut butter, 9 1/2 inch springform pan.
2. Add lecithin and coconut butter and continue blending until well incorporated.
3. Pour into the springform pan with prepared crust and set in the refrigerator overnight.
4. After the pie has set overnight, cut, serve, and enjoy!
Note: you can conserve leftovers in the fridge for several days.