Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Vegan Recipe - Pumpkin Pie “Cheesecake”
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 90 minutes
- Servings : 10
Thanks to Chef Russell Svoboda, of Great Sage in Clarksville, MD for making a vegan pumpkin pie dessert! It’s a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or anytime you’re craving a delicious dessert! YUM! Check out other great Thanksgiving recipes in our vegan Thanksgiving recipes section.
Editor’s note: Top with our Creamy Whipped Topping or another dairy-free topping.
1 1/2 cups organic pecan halves
10 ounces graham crackers
2 earth balance sticks
3 packages of Mori Nu Tofu
2 cups Florida Crystals (organic)
4 tablespoons organic vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground organic nutmeg
1/2 cup arrowroot
14 ounces vegan cream cheese (Tofutti)
1 tablespoon guar gum
4 cans of organic canned pumpkin
1. Melt Earth Balance (in microwave or pan).
2. Spray a circle of cake parchment that has been cut to fit 2 springform pans.
3. Use a food processor to blend the pecans, graham crackers and melted Earth Balance. Press the mix evenly to cover the bottoms of both round pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes, set aside to cool slightly.
5. Process remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth (usually takes about 2 minutes). Pour 1/2 the mixture into each of the two springform pans.
6. Put foil around each pie and bake in a water bath at 350 degrees for 70 minutes. (A large foil pan from any supermarket should work. Just make sure it is large enough to submerge the pie.) Refrigerate overnight to set. Cut each pie into 10-12 slices each. Enjoy!