Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Vegan Recipe - Maple-Raisin-Date-Truffles
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 seconds in blender
- Servings : 10 - 12 truffles
Laura says, “These tasty truffles are pretty too, making an excellent healthy dessert or snack to satisfy your sweet tooth. Bonus: Impressive to serve for a dinner party too!”
Watch Laura Theodore make this recipe at vegan-ease.com!
Recipe © 2015 Laura Theodore, published by Jazzy Vegetarian, LLC, reprinted by permission.
9 large Medjool dates, pitted
1⁄3 cup raisins
¼ cup raw unsweetened shredded dried coconut
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Line a small baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
2. Put the dates, raisins, coconut and maple syrup in a high-performance blending appliance and process to the consistency of soft dough. Transfer the date mixture to a medium-sized bowl.
3. Using a cookie scoop, spoon out a heaping tablespoon of the date mixture, and roll it into a ball. Continue in this manner to form 10 to 12 truffle balls.
4. Put the cocoa powder in a small bowl. Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder until coated and place on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate 1 hour. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, truffles will keep up to 3 days.