Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Lemon Applesauce Pudding
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Servings : 8
This recipe is super easy and delicious. It’s great to make for a potluck or a party since you can make everything the day before and top with sliced almonds when serving.
3 cups applesauce
2 cups apple juice (or apple cider)
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon lemon rind
3 Tablespoons arrowroot powder (or Kuzu)
3 tablespoons roasted chopped almonds
1. Add applesauce and 1½ cups of juice (or cider) to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
2. While the applesauce is cooking, take the remaining ½ cup of juice (or cider) and stir in the arrowroot powder until it has completely dissolved.
3. Once the applesauce is boiling, add the cider with the dissolved arrowroot powder. Cook until the mixture is clear. (This should take about 10 minutes).
4. Add vanilla and lemon rind, and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Plate indivicually and top with chopped almonds. May be served warm or chilled.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.