Vegan Recipe - Gluten-Free AND Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Prep Time : 15 minutes (if using canned pumpkin)
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Servings : 12 muffins
Whether you’re searching for vegan Halloween or vegan Thanksgiving recipes that are also gluten-free, we’ve got a delicious recipe for you. Thanks to Alexandra Jamieson of Delicious Vitality for providing us with this vegan AND gluten-free recipe for pumpkin muffins! Alex is the author of Vegan Cooking for Dummies, and she knows how to make wonderful seasonal vegan baked goods. You can use either pumpkin or sweet potatoes as the base, and these healthy vegan gluten-free muffins make a great vegan Halloween party treat or a delicious part of a vegan Thanksgiving dinner menu!
Note: if you can’t find Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour near you, you can get it online.
1 ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour
1 cup rapadura or sucanat unrefined cane sugar
1/4 cup ground raw pumpkin seeds (grind until pulverized in a spice grinder)
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup pureed pumpkin or sweet potatoes (not pumpkin pie mix)
½ cup soy, almond, hemp, or rice milk
½ cup canola, coconut, or olive oil
1 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Lightly grease or line a 12-muffin tin with unbleached cupcake liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together pumpkin, milk, oil, and molasses. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.