Vegan Recipe - Fajitas
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Servings : 4
Add a little spice to your dinner with this quick and easy vegan fajita recipe from The Curly Haired Chica. Thanks so much for sharing with the Yummy Plants community!
1 teaspoon olive oil or oil of your choice
2/3 cup vegetable broth
1 large onion, sliced
2 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 of the 8" round whole wheat tortillas (or 2 of the 12" round)
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 Haas avocado (optional)
1. In a large, heated skillet, add one teaspoon olive oil.
2. Sauté pressed garlic in skillet until golden. Add veggie broth and onions to skillet and cook until soft. (Note: Do not add peppers until onions are cooked.)
3. Add peppers to skillet and cook until soft. Place mushrooms on top of onion pepper mix and cover with lid until mushrooms are soft. (Note: The steaming will add more liquid to the skillet which you’ll need for sauce.)
4. In a cup, mix tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and cayenne pepper (if desired) until smooth. Add tomato paste mixture to skillet. Stir until evenly mixed.
5. Stuff tortillas with mushroom mixture. Garnish with avocado (optional).