Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Servings : 4
TIPS: The cool crispness of the lettuce differs a nice contrast to the warm softness of the interior of the patty.
Are you following a vegan diet or a vegan, gluten-free diet? This recipe is for you! This vegan, gluten-free recipe is an original creation by Chef Sarah Elise of The Inspired Cookie, home of delicious vegan AND gluten-free treats. Thank you for sharing, Sarah!
4 cups peeled eggplant, finely chopped
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cornflake crumbs
1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese (any flavor)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Fresh parsley, finely chopped
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 leaf Boston Bibb lettuce
1 slice of tomato
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pour water and 1/2 tsp salt into a medium pot. Bring to a boil and add the chopped eggplant.
2. Lower heat to medium and steam for about three minutes, until the eggplant has softened and most of the water is absorbed.
3. Drain in a colander and use a large spoon to press the eggplant; squeeze all excess liquid out of it. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Form the mixture into 2 inch round balls and flatten to about 1/2 inch thickness.
5. In a non-stick frying pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Grease your hands. Then place patties into the pan until the bottom has a crispy golden outer layer. Flip and brown on second size.
6. Serve on your choice of bun with Bibb lettuce and a fresh slice of tomato.
One Response to “Eggplant Patties”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.