Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
- Prep Time : 24 hours
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Servings : 24
This vegan chocolate treat is a wonderful gift for the holidays – or any time you need to bring a hostess gift! It’s delicious, easy to make, and definitely fun to eat.
1 package prunes (dried and pitted)
1 package almonds (steamed and peeled)
Vegan Chocolate (Suggested to use Scharffen Berger's dark chocolate in the yellow wrapper)
Alcohol (dark rum or cognac)
1. Soak prunes and almonds in a dish of rum or cognac overnight.
2. After the soaking, remove the pits from the prunes. Place the soaked almonds inside the prunes (replacing the pits).
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Be careful not to get any water in the chocolate, or you may get lumps. (It will still taste delicious, but it won't look as nice).
4. Dip the prunes in melted chocolate. Let dry on a wire rack or on top of toothpicks.
5. Once cool, transfer to mini cupcake wrappers and refrigerate until the chocolate is hard. (About 2 hours). Enjoy!
One Response to “Drunken Prunes”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.