Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Dairy-free Spinach Florentine
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Servings : 6
This vegan spinach florentine recipe is one of my favorites. The sauce is so rich and creamy! And if you use rice or quinoa pasta, the dish becomes vegan AND gluten-free. Once you learn how to make a vegan cream sauce, you can use it as a base for other dishes.
12 ounces of pasta (I love the ALB-GOLD brand spelt pasta)
1 1/2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
8 cups of fresh spinach (or 10 ounces of frozen and thawed)
1 cup of So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk (green container)
1/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons of nutritional yeast
3 Tablespoons fresh basil
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
1 Tablespoon fresh oregano
1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
1. Boil the water and let the pasta cook while you are preparing the sauce.
2. Add the olive oil to a large skillet, add the garlic, and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the rinsed and drained spinach, and cook for another 3 minutes. Note: spinach wilts quickly. Your skillet may not be large enough to hold all 8 cups. That's fine. Put what you can in the skillet and add more as space allows.
4. Add the coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. By the time the sauce is done, the pasta should be ready. Serve over pasta and enjoy!
8 Responses to “Dairy-free Spinach Florentine”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.