Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Servings : 20
Easy to make; delightful to eat! These chocolate chip cookies are a super yummy treat for picnics, parties and everyday life.
You can make “chocolate chocolate-chip cookies” as a variation by separating the dough into two parts and adding raw cacao powder to one half of the dough.
Note: You’ll need two non-stick baking sheets and a wire rack for cooling the cookies.
⅓ cup soy milk
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
⅓ cup Earth Balance Buttery Vegan Stick, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
For chocolate chocolate chip cookies:
2 teaspoons cacao powder
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix soy milk, flax seed, and vinegar together in a small bowl. The mixture will thicken. Set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together into a medium bowl.
4. Add the flour mixture to the ingredients in the large bowl, mixing well. (If making chocolate chocolate chip cookies, separate one half of the dough and add cacao powder.) Mix in vegan chocolate chips. You will have a soft dough.
5. Fill the baking sheets with heaping tablespoons of the dough about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-14 minutes.
6. When the cookies are golden on top and lightly browned on the bottom, remove them from the oven. Let them sit 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.