Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Chanterelle Mushroom Pasta
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 7-10 minutes, depending on the pasta type
- Servings : 2
This chanterelle mushroom recipe was created after a trip to the Farmers’ Market. All the veggies looked sooooo yummy that I wanted to make use of them! The sweetness of the sungold tomatoes combined with the smoky/ woody flavor of the chanterelle mushrooms was absolutely divine! I can’t wait to make this chanterelle mushroom recipe again. If you come up with some other yummy variations of this recipe, please share as a comment. We’d love to try them!
This is an easy vegan meal for two. Recipe may be doubled or tripled.
2. For non-wheat options (these contain gluten, but not made from traditional wheat), try einkorn pasta, spelt pasta, or kamut pasta. I recently found a kamut/ quinoa blend pasta as well. All of these options are delicious!
3. To make it more colorful, I chose sungold tomatoes, and purple tomatoes, but you could also use regular red cherry tomatoes instead.
3/4 cup sungold tomatoes, quartered (yellow mini tomatoes)
1 cup chanterelle mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup shallots, chopped (including green tops)
2 Tablespoons olive oil or vegan butter
Parsley, chopped as garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare desired pasta according to the package instructions. While pasta is cooking, prepare the vegetables.
2. Add olive oil or vegan butter to pan. Add shallots with a dash of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes over a medium flame. Then add chanterelle mushrooms.
3. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes, or until the chanterelle mushrooms become golden brown on the edges. Remove from heat.
4. For appearance, plate each dish separately. Put desired amount of pasta in bowl, spoon chanterelle shallot mixture on top, place the cherry tomato quarters around the edges of the bowl. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.