Yummy Plants: a vegan lifestyle website and community. We can help you start a vegan diet!
Apricot Oatmeal Bars
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 - 30 minutes
- Servings : 12
This is an easy vegan gluten-free recipe for bake sales, after school snacks, and just anytime treats. It’s absolutely delicious!
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup gluten-free flour (rice or oat)
1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup non-hydrogenated non-dairy shortening (I used coconut oil)
1 cup of jam (any flavor)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly oil a 9" pan.
2. Mix dry ingredients together. Melt shortening and add to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly. (If soft, but not melted, use your hands to mix).
3. Spread 2/3 of the mixture in pan and press down tightly. (you an use a spatula to make it flat and even). Spread 1 cup of apricot jam (or any other flavor) onto pressed mixture.
4. Sprinkle the rest of the dry mixture on top of the jam and press lightly. Optional: I added chopped walnuts as a topping. I soaked them for 10 minutes before chopping. Bake until crispy (20 - 30 min).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.